Scroll to content
Allerton CE Primary School home page

AllertonChurch of England Primary School

Believe In Excellence

What other agencies can school use to support my child?

For some children, following discussions with parents/carers, the level of specialist support may be increased in order to maximise learning potential.


We utilise Universal Services from:


  • Educational Psychology Service
  • Speech, Language and Communication Therapist
  • Occupational/Physiotherapist
  • Specialist Advisory Teachers ( SENIT)
  • Play Therapist
  • Child Counsellors/Adult counsellors
  • STARS (Autism)
  • School Nursing Team
  • Attendance Plus
  • Sensory Support Teams
  • Children’s Social Work Services
  • North East Primary Area Inclusion Partnership
  • ARM cluster support services


This graduated approach means that we will continue to offer support to help your child make optimum progress. Following an episode of care from an outside agency, we will decide, during a review, whether to continue to support and monitor progress, or that they no longer need additional intervention at this time.


We work alongside specialist teachers when a child with specific needs is identified – they will train staff who work most closely with the child.


We have a very strong working relationship with the Alwoodley Children’s Centre which is based in the site and supports children up to the age of 5 years.