Here are some local organisations that you may find useful:
Benefits and support
- Moor Allerton Community Hub - Leeds City Council Customer Services, Library, Jobshop & Community Space.
We know that many people are worried about the rising cost of living at the moment, not just for themselves but also for family and friends. This week, the council launched the Times Are Hard campaign, to signpost people in Leeds who are struggling with energy bills and the cost of living to money saving advice and practical support. Through our 25 Community Hubs, anyone can access confidential free support such as help with finding out about benefit entitlement; support with finding employment; information about hardship payments, energy-saving schemes and emergency food provision. The Money Information Centre is also an excellent resource for anyone who needs free and impartial advice on a range of money related matters. We would encourage anyone who is struggling with their finances to reach out – no-one needs should be struggling with their finances alone.
Refugees and Asylum Seekers
- Help for new refugees in Leeds (Leeds City Council)
- Refugee Council
- PAFRAS (Positive Action for Refugees and Asylum Seekers)
- LASSN (Leeds Asylum Seekers Support Network)
- RETAS (Refugee Education Training Advice Service) - providing refugees and asylum seekers assistance with access to education, re-qualification, training and employment